flex root word
13. Reflection : re FLECT ion (re flek’ shun) n.
These ROOT-WORDS are FLECT & FLEX from the Latin, flectere, to BEND . Roots which combine easily with other ones are the most interesting. This one with its various spellings is one of these. The word list used eighteen words to combine with FLEX, FLECT & FLICK and every combination makes a good word which you can easily make you own.
Following is a list of words based on the Flect root word:
1. Flex: To bend; as, to flex the arm
2. Flexible: Able to bend
3. Flexibility: Quality of being able to bend
4. Texile: Flexible; tractable; as, a flexile nature
5. Flection: The act of bending
6. Flexor: A muscle which serves to bend a limb
7. Flexuose: Relaxed; adaptable; not rigid
8. Flexuous: Having many bends, turns
9. Genuflection: The bending of the knee
10. Deflect: Bend away; as, deflect the missile from its target
11. Inflection: The rise and fall of the voice, as, the inflection of his voice
12. Reflect: Turn back and forth in the mind; as, to reflect on an idea
13. Reflection: An image thrown back; as, a reflection in a mirror
14. Reflexive: Bent back on itself; as, a reflexive pronoun
15. Reflective: Thoughtful
16. Reflector: That which reflects light
17. Circumflexion: A bending around and around
The function of this tendon is to flex the foot at the fetlock.
11 Words To Use If You Say “Sorry” Too Often
The Latin root word spir means “breathe.” This root is the word origin of a fair number of English vocabulary words, including inspire, respiration, and expire. The root spir is easily recalled via the word perspiration, that is, sweat in the act of “breathing” through the pores of your skin.
The Greek root arch means “rule.” This Greek root is the word origin of a fair number of English vocabulary words, including matriarch, patriarch, and oligarchy. The root arch is easily recalled via the word anarchy, which is a period of time in which there is no “rule” at all in a country.