leg root words
leg /lɛg/ USA pronunciation n., v., legged, leg•ging.
n. [ countable ]
- Anatomy either of the two lower limbs of a two-footed animal, as a human being, or any of the paired limbs of an animal, that support and move the body.
- something resembling or suggesting a leg in use, position, or appearance, as one of the sides of a triangle.
- Clothing the part of a piece of clothing, boot, or the like that covers the leg.
- Furniture one of usually several relatively slender supports for a piece of furniture.
- one of the separate parts or sections of anything: on the last leg of a trip.
v. [ no object ]
- to use the legs in walking or running: We were legging back to the store.
- Idioms a leg to stand on, [ usually used with a negative word ] facts or proof to support one’s claims or arguments: With such skimpy evidence against us the police don’t have a leg to stand on.
- Idioms a leg up, an advantage: Our new product gave us a leg up on our competition.
- Idioms on one’s or its last legs, just short of collapse: The failing business was on its last legs when he took it over.
- Idioms stretch one’s legs, to move or walk around after a long time sitting.
read.” It is related to -lec- . These meanings are found in such words as: delegate, illegal, illegible, intellect, intelligent, legacy, legal, legate, legend, legible, legion, legislate, legitimate, paralegal, privilege, relegate, sacrilege.
Found 1032 words containing leg. Browse our Scrabble Word Finder, Words With Friends cheat dictionary, and WordHub word solver to find words that contain leg. Or use our Unscramble word solver to find your best possible play! Related: Words that start with leg, Words that end in leg
- Words With Friends
8. Legate : LEG ate (le gat’) v.
18. Legitimate : LEG itimate (le jit’ i mat) adj.
11 Words To Use If You Say “Sorry” Too Often
“Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every Time