short stories for children
Krishna and his friend spend time laughing and talking about their childhood but Sudama, overwhelmed by the kindness and compassion showed by his friend, is unable to ask Krishna for help. When he returns home, Sudama finds that his hut has been replaced by a huge mansion and his wife and kids are dressed in fine clothes.
The lying traveler didn’t know what to do and went away quietly.
Luca tells a little lie, that soon becomes many…
A new baby has come to play. Who could it be?
- Cinderella, Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood – These are some of the most popular fairy tales of all time and the best part about these stories is that there are so many different versions which lets you revisit the same story in different manners.
- Aesop’s Fables – Aesop’s Fables is a collection of fables credited to Aesop, a slave and storyteller believed to have lived in ancient Greece between 620 and 564 BCE.
- Grimm’s Fairy Tales – Also known as the Children’s and Household Tales, this is a collection of fairy tales first published in 1812 by the Grimm brothers, Jacob and Wilhelm.
- The Harry Potter Series – This 7-part book series, by J.K.Rowling chronicles the life of a young wizard, Harry Potter, and his friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. It predominantly features Harry’s struggle against the main antagonist of the series – Lord Voldemort.
- The Famous Five– Check out this classic collection of novels from Enid Blyton, featuring various adventure stories that the lead characters Julian, Dick and Anne, George and their dog Timmy face.
- The Secret Seven– Enid Blyton brings us the entertaining tale of a secret society of kids looking to solve crimes, led by Peter with his sister Janet and their friends Jack, Colin, George, Pam and Barbara along with their golden spaniel, Scamper.
- Tintin– Set in the 20th century, this collection follows the journey of Tintin, a courageous young Belgian reporter and the adventures that he embarks on with his dog Snowy.
- Complete Adventures of Feluda– This Fiction series created by Satyajit Ray, features Feluda, a detective from Bengal and the mysteries that he solves. Check out this interesting collection chronicling the journey of the Indian Sherlock Holmes.
- Fleshed out characters
- Developed stories with a solid beginning, middle, and conclusion
- Realized themes despite the short length
A child who reads tends to do better in school than one who does not. This is vital if you wish for your child to succeed in school. Reading and language comprehension make up the foundation of scholarly pursuits. Keep that in mind!
Seeing his dismay, Midas’ beloved daughter threw her arms around him to comfort him, and she, too, turned to gold. “The golden touch is no blessing,” Midas cried.
The old man continued, “I ask that you stay united.” Then, the three sons understood there’s power in unity, and promised their father they would all stay together.
PRAISED & RECOMMENDED BY : Scholastic, USA Today & Education World
Folktales (or folk tales) are stories that have been shared from generation to generation by word of mouth. They consist of fairy tales (or fairytales), Animal tales and Legends, which you will find here!
Ages 3-5, Narrated, Read Along
Ages 3-8, Narrated, Read Along
Jana finds out how young people can live a healthy lifestyle and keep fit safely – with Rodney Kentebe, personal fitness trainer, who gives us lots of sensible advice.
Storynory Ltd, 26 Star Street, London UK. +44 (0) 7941 190 740. Main point of contact – [email protected]
The Little Gingerbread Man – by Carol Moore – A surprising new version of the classic Gingerbread Man fairy tale.
See our sister site devoted entirely to phonics. All free! A beginning phonics program with over 100 pages, 400 cartoons and click-and-hear words, plus audio narration.
Lose yourself in a gripping, funny, magical or inspirational anecdote! TV is great but leaves little to the imagination! Spend some quality time with the kids reading them a quick bedtime story – they don’t take very long and will help in the education of your children! There are so many tales and a huge selection of fiction to choose from! Refresh your childhood memories or use them together with your own ideas when writing your own tales! Download your choice of storys onto your ebook reader, ipad, iphone or kindle!
What types of Free Short Stories are available?