Overview of our Italian Language Immersion Programs
The Italian immersion programs offered through Language Skills Abroad are intended to enable the student to study Italian abroad and learn Italian as rapidly as possible. Each Italian language school abroad provides the opportunity to participate in small classes, take private lessons, or both.
The classrooms use the communicative approach for learning Italian. Students focus on improving their conversational skills from the first day of class. Complete beginners start by covering simple, basic topics such as learning how to identify themselves, explain where they are from… etc. . As a student becomes more proficient, in their Italian courses abroad, more extensive topics, such as economics and politics will be covered in Italian. While exploring new topics, students learn vocabulary and grammar at a faster rate. Within a short time, the student will find him/herself able to effectively converse in Italian!
Effectiveness of an Italian immersion program
During the course of the Italian language immersion program, the learning doesn’t just stop once class is over. It is best to study Italian abroad because while living in a country where Italian is the common language, you will constantly practice what you learned in class. Those who study Italian abroad are constantly practicing. Just running a simple errand such as ordering a meal means having to use Italian gives the needed practice to study Italian abroad. Though this may originally be quite challenging, within just a short period of time, you will obtain the language skills that will help you to communicate fluently in Italian.
How your Italian Language Skills improve?
How does one learn Italian abroad? When studying at an Italian language school abroad, you are studying all day, each day! Practice makes perfect. When participating in an Italian language school abroad there is plenty of time as well as numerous opportunities for practicing and improving your Italian language skills.
Reasons to stay with a host family during your study abroad experience
Italian language immersion programs are particularly effective because they provide the opportunity to live with a host family (though other accommodation options are available as well). Our host families, and apartments, have all been inspected and approved by the respective Italian language school abroad. Staying with a host family allows the opportunity to practice the Italian learned in class in a very natural family environment.
- Host families in our language immersion programs are middle class by local standards.
- Each student participating in the Italian language immersion program will have a private room and study area.
- Many of our Italian language immersion programs provide laundry service.
- Depending on the program, students can get 1, 2, or 3 meals each day.
- Most host families as well as many of the other accommodation types are located within walkable distance or a brief bus ride to the Italian language school. Sometimes, depending on the season and availability, the distance between the school and accommodation is farther. Our students are provided with a key to the accommodation in which they are staying and are free to come and go as they please.
Where are Italian courses abroad offered?
Italian courses abroad are offered throughout Italy.
Students can study Italian abroad for as many weeks as they wish.
If you would like to study abroad in Italy please Click Here to learn about the immersion programs in each Italian city.
We look forward to helping you in your endeavors to study Italian abroad!