transformation of sentences
How he has changed!
How you’ve grown!
We make exclamations with what when the adjective is followed by a noun. Note that this structure is used even when there is no adjective. Several structures are possible.
- He ordered that the traitor be jailed. (Complex sentence)
April 14, 2013 –
- This is a resort that we saw on the TV.
- The Lady who was our tour guide is a American.
3. Interchange of Active and Passive voice:
This sentence is in positive degree.
This sentence can be changed into a sentence of comparative one.
You can see How the Transformation-of-Sentence takes place into the following version without changing the meaning of the sentence.
• Who does not know him? (Interrogative Sentence)
• Every one knows him. (Assertive Sentence)
Transform the underlined sentences of the passage below according the direction given beside each.
1. (a) Computer is one of the greatest invention of modern science.(Positive).It renders great service to mankind .(b) A Computer is a blessing on earth.(negative).(c) Though it is a blessing, it has dark sides.(Simple) (d) Computer now a days being used in almost every sphere by the people.(Active)(e) We cannot but depend on it.(Affirmative.)
Answer: Very few inventions of modern science are as great as computer. (b) A computer is not a curse on earth.(c) In spite of being a blessing, it has dark sides. (d) The people are using computers in almost every sphere now-a-days. (e) We must depend on it.
2. (a) Information technology is a wonderful invention (Exclamatory) (b) There are many things that can be included in technology.(Simple).(c) Computer has preshed the modern age a step ahead .(Complex).It can do many things.(d) Internet is the latest invention in the communication system.(Interrogative).(e) We should know the use of computer and internet in our daily life.(Omit should by using it.)
Answer(a) What an invention information technology is! (b) Many things can be included in technology. (c) It is computer which has preshed the modern age a step ahead. (d) What is the latest invention in the communication system? (e) It is necessary to know the use of computer and internet in our daily life.
3. Student life is the time of preparation for future life.(a) Study is the first and foremost duty of a student.(Complex).(b)As they are assets to the nation, they should equip themselves accordingly.(Compound).Proper emphasis should be given to their studies (c)They must be punctual, industrious, preserving and truthful.(Negative).He should also cultivate good manners.(d) If a student is devoted to studies, he will surely shine in life.(Simple).A student should take part in co-curricular activities which help him to express his invite talents.(e) A good student should be conscious of politics but should not be the cat’s paw of the shrewd politicians.(Complex).
Answer (a) It is the study which is the first and foremost duty of a student. (b) They are assets to the nation and so they should equip themselves accordingly. (c) They cannot become punctual, industrious, preserving and truthful. (d) Being devoted to studies, a student will surely shine in life. (e) Though a good student should be conscious of politics, he should not be the cat’s paw of the shrewd politicians.
4. (a)English is a foreign language.(Negative) (b) Without learning English, we cannot hope to get any job.(Complex).(c) The man who knows English well can go abroad (Simple).(d) We must learn English.(negative)(e) Everybody knows the truth.(Passive)
(a) English is not a native language. (b) If we do not learn English, we cannot hope to get any job. (c) A man knowing English well can go abroad. (d) We cannot but learn English. (e) The truth is known to everybody.
5. We live in Bangladesh (a) She is not the poorest country in the world (Positive) Too many people live if in here. (b) It is not possible for her to give employment to all these people. (Complex).(c) People can train themselves in one or other of the vacations.(Passive)(d) Bangladesh can engage her human resources only after exploring all her other resources.(Complex).Until then she can fruitful utilize her manpower in overseas employment.(e) Thus she earns a lot of foreign exchange.(Complex).
Answer (a) Few other countries in the world are as poor as she. (b) It is not possible for her that she can give employment to all these people. (e) People can be trained by themselves in one or other of the vacations.(d) Bangladesh can engage her human resources only when she will explore all her other resources. (e) It is the way that she earns a lot of foreign exchange.
Every কে Negative করতে হলে Every এর পরিবর্তে There is no বসে + every এর পরের শব্দটি বসে + but + প্রদত্ত sentence এর বাকী অংশ।
Assertive:- Everybody hates a liar.
Subject + auxiliary verb + ext.
Rule 6: Let + noun/pronoun → স্থানে → Subject + might.
Ex: Let him play football.
Ass: He might play football.
Rule 4: Alas → স্থানে → I/we Mourn that/ It is a matter of sorrow or grief that.
Ex: Alas! He has failed.
Ass: We mourn that he has failed.
I prefer staying in to going out.
(I’d rather. )
Although the weather was bad, we had a good time.